On May 23rd, our Business Director Vanessa Grutman had the chance to virtually sit down with wellness influencer Sophie Collins to discuss her self-care routine, favourite products and go-to treatments. Sophie, who is obsessed with feeling her best, shared her wellness rituals and secrets for aging gracefully. Here at Project Skin MD, supporting you on your aging journey is what it is all about, and Vanessa provided some insightful tips in the discussion. We are excited to share a summary of the inspiring convo with you here!
Sophie’s Morning Rituals:
Sophie starts her day at least an hour before waking her son, Liam, at 7am. She uses this time to complete her morning routine, which looks like this:
- Drink water – for Sophie, it is a (very big) glass of lemon water with Himalayan sea salt
- Meditate – right now she is loving Gabby Bernstein’s 21-Day Meditation Challenge
- Exercise – often a virtual Pilates class (which Sophie is also learning to teach!) with Melissa Wood Health
- Dry Brush – hellooo lymphatic drainage
- Shower – hot shower, cold finish
- Apply Skincare – la pièce de résistance of the morning, with her favourite #PSProducts:
- Cleanser: SkinCeuticals Simply Clean – an ideal daily wash for normal to oily skin
- Vitamin C Serum: SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic – a powerful antioxidant serum to brighten, provide environmental protection and improve fine lines and wrinkles
- Moisturizing Serum: SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier – a serum that locks in moisture and amplifies the skin’s hyaluronic acid levels
- Eye Serum: Colorescience Total Eye Concentrate – with a cooling applicator for relief from puffiness and dark circles, as well as fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun Protection: SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50 – Sophie loves the universal tint and way this product settles onto the skin, as well as the safe mineral UVA/UVB sun protection, of course!
- Now, it is time for coffee with withinUs Coconut Creamer + TruMarine™ Collagen – daily collagen intake is a non-negotiable for Sophie, and this particular product is her current pick, providing essential amino acids for collagen production within the body and healthy fats for sustained energy, as well as making a yummy latte-inspired morning drink!
Sophie’s Evening Rituals:
Sophie likes to be in bed by 9pm, to read and unwind. Before she hops in, she completes her evening skincare regime, using the following:
- Cleanser: SkinCeuticals Simply Clean
- Exfoliant: SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.3 – to accelerate cell turnover, improve signs of aging and minimize breakouts
- Moisturizer: SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore – a rich and decadent, nourishing anti-aging cream
- Eye Serum: Colorescience Total Eye Concentrate
Sophie shared her favourite Beauty Treatments at Project Skin MD:
- To stimulate collagen and slow the signs of aging, Sophie turns to Microneedling and Clear + Brilliant treatments in the PS Glow Room
- For exfoliation, she loves our Dermaplaning treatments
- Although Sophie shared that she found preventative BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments to be very effective in eliminating fine lines and wrinkles, she is has decided to explore more natural alternatives
Vanessa provided some insightful #PStips for our listeners:
- Because SkinCeuticals is a medical grade skincare line, products should not be mixed before applying, but instead layered from thinnest to thickest
- For those with an oily complexion, SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF may be a preferred Vitamin C Serum alternative
- Colorescience Total Eye 3-in-1 Renewal Therapy SPF 35 is an amazing addition to the Total Eye Concentrate, providing tinted coverage and SPF protection in addition to the other eye-improving benefits
- Microneedling can be augmented at home with an at-home roller, but be sure to use a device that is medical grade
- Finally, she shared that a Vitamin C Serum, Retinol Serum, and mineral sunscreen are the foundation of any effective anti-aging skincare routine. You can shop these tried-and-true favourites in our value-added SkinCeuticals Anti-Aging Kit.
We are so grateful for Sophie in sharing her inspiring wellness rituals!
For assistance in building your own personalized skin regime, contact us to book a free virtual consultation today.
P.S. You can view the full interview here ♥